Friday, February 17, 2006

My All..

"When u work for 13 hours almost without break, without feeling tired, and you dun grumble, that's PASSION."

Yes, that is exactly what happened to me today. As part of my task as Business Manager and Logistics subcommitee for NTUSU Welfare Fest 2006 (the biggest and coolest event in NTU EVER), I have already given my very best for it. I dun work for ECA points (for what? I am a scholar anyway, no need to get so many ECA points). I work because I like to work. I work because I want to make the event successful. Too idealistic? Maybe. But I just do what I should do. That's it. And I am very very satisfied with my own work.

For the past 5 days, I work for the event for maybe around 40 hours. It is even more than 2 times all my classes (Actually I have 20 something classes every week, but I did skip some "not important" ones for that event.) I also slept for only around 5 hours a day for this event. U think I did not study so I can have luxury to sleep 8 hours a day?

Yeah, that's me. If I have committed to do something, I will give my very very best for it. And I can be sure that my work is very very well done. I am a perfectionist anyway. I believe, if we can make something perfect, why we should add some "cracks" in what we do. That's ridiculous.

And for sure, I will be applying for director of NTUSU Welfare Fest 2007 next year. I am still thinking what position I will apply. I have a lot of time to think anyway. But most probably it will be Business Manager, Logistics officer, or Program Manager. The last one is my first choice. This position is cool and I think I have the ability, ambition, and effort for that position. This year's Program manager for this year's Welfare Fest is very good actually, so she no need to compete with me for that position, she can apply for chairman position lah (I am serious, she has everything someone need to become a chairman). I learn a lot from this year's NTUSU Welfare Fest and I will learn everything needed to make me suitable for that position. I am a very hardworking person. I will strike big one day. I am very sure about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r always great. keep it up bro :)

Anonymous said...

wew...i know u can...
jia you!!!

Ben said...

who the two anony above? Whoever u are, really thanks abt it.

Ranajay said...

I'll second your post. You helped out an awful lot during Welfare Fest :).
Go for VP next year. The second most important job after President if you're worried that Inche will go for P.