Thursday, June 15, 2006

Indonesian = late (always) ??

I can't find any better title for my post today.

Last night, I made appointment with one of my close friends at 11 am today. We planned to meet a professor for some matters.
I wake up at 10.15 (went to bed at 1, what a pig.)
Then I took a shower.
Then I drank my fave drink, a cuppa hot green tea.
Then I read my bible (I read it everyday).
Then I browsed internet (I browsed internet every hour). That stupid Germany team found themselves lucky after scoring a goal at injury time.

At 10.55 am, I sent a sms to my friend, to ask where was he.
But no answer.

At 11.30, no answer. I started to curse him
At 12, again, no answer. I dunno what to do. I started to get sleepy again. When I got nothing to do, sleep is always a good (and healthy) activity to do.
At 12 something, I slept already. What a healthy pig.

Then at 1.30 pm, there is a SMS in my phone, disturbing my very good sleep. Sh*t!

"Dimana kamu??" (where are you?? - Indonesian).

I dunno what to reply. He was late for almost 3 hours and sent a super short sms without saying sorry, and the worst part is, he disturbed my sleep. That's unforgivable.

It's not the first time he was late. Maybe this is the 20th or 30th or 40th. I dunno. For me, 5 minutes late is late and that's terrible.

Almost every saturday morning, I played badminton. I usually make appointment at 8.30 am with my (indonesian) friends. But I always look stupid by standing alone in the middle of badminton courts, find noone there.

Then at 9, one of my friend comes. He is the first one. Thanks GOD.

Then at 10, one sms comes. Asking wheter I am still in the badminton court.

Then at 11, one sms comes. Saying sorry that he can't come because of bla bla bla. I think he saved that sentence in his template message so that he can send it when needed.

Then at 12, I finish playing badminton, realizing that the most enthusiastic person last nite never appears.

I wonder so many times. Is INDONESIAN always LATE? Actually I am quite paiseh (embarrassed) to say that. I myself is Indonesian (at least until 5 or 6 years from now).

Does GOD plant a DNA to every Indonesian to always be late? Which is very unlikely.

Then why?

I ve make appointment with singaporeans, indians, china chinese, ang moh (caucasian), vietnamese, etc etc. They are seldom late (at least they are better than indonesian, a lot.)

I have to be honest. Sometimes I am late also. But I always have a very strong reason for that. And I will feel very guilty when that happens.

This is a joke I read in internet not very long time ago.

American : why are u late?
Indonesian : because I am indonesian.

And there is an (indonesian) hypocrite writing comment.. Hey sir, that's insulting. U are stereotyping everyone bla bla bla.

Why not just say one word, sorry.. That's definitely better by far.

I am not stereotyping. I just make a very logical conclusion of a statistical population after observing a lot of samples.

No comments: