Friday, June 16, 2006

World Cup 2006 - Where Legends Are Born

All football lovers will find themselves in heaven these months.
Last May, there was Champions League final, where Barcelone beat 10-man Arsenal. I support neither Barcelona nor Arsenal. Juventus is the only football club I love.

And now, one of the largest sport events in the world takes place in Germany. World Cup ve just begun last week.

I support England as my favourite team. Despite its bad luck since tens of years ago, I am still very confident that England will win this year's World Cup. It has some of the best players in the world. It has very strong midfielders like Steven Gerrard (the soul of Liverpool), Frank Lampard (the magnificient of Chelsea, together with John Terry, also english-man), and the famous David Beckham (they are absolutely an excellent pair). However, I still hope that Wayne Rooney will find no difficulty coping with his injury. He is definitely a superb striker, much better than Michael Owen, and Peter Crouch (the last no need to mention :D)

My Prediction

Quarter = Germany vs Netherlands, England vs Argentina, Czech vs France, Brazil vs Spain
Semifinal = Germany vs England, Czech vs Brazil
Final = England vs Brazil
Winner = England!!
R-up = Brazil
3rd place = Czech
4th place = Germany

However, I still hope that South Korea can defeat Spain in the last 16, to advance to quarter. Then defeat Brazil in quarter final and Czech in semi-final.
So, England versus Korea in the final.. Hmm.. tough decision to make :D

No comments: