Monday, February 19, 2007

International Games 2007.. Push My Limit..

Continue from my last post, at the end of the day, when you feel that you can manage your task nicely, there are 2 possibilities. First, you have mastered, so called, time management (Congrats..!). Second, your task is not challenging enough. If life is a game, I don’t like winning too easily (although losing is definitely worse).

In International Games 2007 (IG2007), for the first time in my life, I feel that I need to utilize all my body, mind, time, and energy. It’s indeed tiring. But for me, tired feeling is always a positive sign. It’s a sign that you have accomplished something worth mentioned. I am still a normal person who enjoys sleep without alarm and going for holiday without thinking about school and work. But when it comes to tasks, assignments, and projects, I will definitely give my 150% to each one of them.

For 2 weeks, I only have 4 hours to sleep everyday. And I need to sleep with my phone lying just beside me. As a vice-chairperson, I need to always be ready to entertain the events’ sponsors and my committee members. Whenever they need help about the event, I assure them that they can always approach me anytime and I will do whatever I can to help them. That also applies to all my friends and everyone who knows me. If you know me quite well, you will understand that I really mean what I say.

IG finally reached its end. Despite all the criticism, I can say that it’s a big success. I want to thank all the people who are involved in this event. All the committee members who have worked extremely hard... All the sponsors who put trust on our event... And most importantly, for NTU... From the bottom of my heart, thank you sooooo much!!

That success makes me believe in myself even more than ever. And because of that, I have made up my mind to apply for Business Executive of NTUSU next year. It's not about ECA points. It's about passion. It's about making a difference. (I need to make it clear from the very beginning).

And now, it’s time for me to go back to my study. Accomplishing so much in organizational fields doesn't mean that I can compromise my school result. I will never tolerate anything but the very best (for me, it means a straight A result this semester).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck for ur future.. i know u can make it! :)

Theresia said...

good luck and all the best.