Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A friendlier world...

Last night, I had a dream. To be honest, I am very bad in remembering dreams. The first thing I think in the morning is, "Do I lose weight today?" And after that, I straight away go to my weighing scale without thinking.

However, last night's dream is so shocking that I can't help but remembering it. I stood in front of a group of soldiers who planned to attack a small city. The reason is, that small city refused to pay tax. It's not that they are not loyal to the country, but because people there are extremely poor. I don't remember what my role was and the reason I was there (I told you, I am bad in remembering dreams).

However, just a few seconds before they started to bomb that small city, a group of innocent kids (I guess they are about 7 or 8 in age) passed by. I straight away shout to the soldiers "You are really heartless. Please think about the future of those kids!"

The soldiers were very angry and they planned to shoot me using their gun. However, using some negotiation techniques I learnt from school (Thanks God I took CPE810 subject before haha...), I managed to convince them that bombing a small city won't do any good. It's better for us to think about how we can help those people in their welfare so that they can pay tax in the future happily (I know, my dream always has a lame ending, but I can't choose, can I? =P)


It's only a dream. However, if that really happens to me, I will do exactly the same thing. I will stand up what I think is right and I will speak up my thoughts. This world is full of smart people with a heart made of gold, but not everyone dare to speak up their minds. That's why, it's very difficult to change the world. But here I am, a 21-year-old young man, will revolutionize the world one day... into a friendlier one.

Dear World, please wait for me. Meanwhile, please take care.

No comments: