Sunday, April 22, 2007

Winning is so sweet

If there's one universal thing everybody loves, that must be winning.

I won total of 6 badminton matches today. I won card game twice (which are subsequently, my second and third winning of card game in my entire life. I am not into card game, but I enjoyed today's games. It must be because I WON it. I WON IT, I must repeat it several times.)

For me, life is about winning. If you can't win, you lose, it's that simple.

However, you have the right to choose your games. It's sometimes not very easy to choose what games you are going to contest at. But for me, the rule of thumb is, I will only play in games that I am going to win. So I have to make sure that I win in everything I decided to come into. That's selfish, I know. But everybody is selfish anyway...

However, although I like to win everything, sometimes, I need to lose. It sounds like I contradict myself, but it's not. In economics theory, there is so-called marginal benefit and marginal cost. You do something if marginal benefit outweighs the cost, and if marginal cost outweighs the benefit, oh man, you better do something better.

In life, I learn that you simply CAN'T please everybody. Some people are just so negative.

In life, I learn that you can be sad, that's very human. But being sad for so long is just stupid.

I learn also that playing arguments with idiots is pointless. You can win, but so what? If you want to satisfy ur ego, you better pick more competitive debaters.

I learn the hard way that you simply can't make someone loves you. They might admire you or get impressed, but they will never love you if the feeling is just not there. I am a great believer of love at the first sight. If the feeling is not there for the first time, it is most probably not going to be there.

I learn that the best way to win friends is by being sincere at all times. Sincerity is, I guess, one of the sweetest characters of human.

I learn that liars will get some small victories at the beginning, but only honest people will win really big.

I learn that loyal person is really one in a million. You better treasure them.

I learn that you need to surround yourself with good people if you want to stay good. That explains why Roger Federer and Tiger Woods are good friends.

I learn that happiness or sadness is a state of mind. You can choose to be happy or sad.


Knowing those principles helps me to pick my battles, and helps me to win them. Losing sucks, everybody knows that (If you don't know that, please watch The Apprentice.)

No comments: