Saturday, May 05, 2007

Aviva Singapore Open 2007. LIVE.


As a great fan of badminton (and a competitive player myself), I always enjoy watching badminton matches. I've just come back from watching semi-final matches of Aviva Singapore Open just now, featuring almost all of the world's best players (The Committee claimed that this year's Singapore Open is tougher than the Olympics.)

As an Indonesian, I definitely cheered for Indonesian players there. Unfortunately, only 1 pair can go to tomorrow's final, and the remaining three have to end their Singapore Open journey in the semi-final, which is not bad at all.

The game of the day is definitely a match between Peter Gade of Denmark versus younger Chen Yu of China, which took 1 hr 10 min, and Chen Yu outshined his senior, 21-15 23-25 21-17.

A battle between Indonesian pair, Chandra Wijaya / Tony Gunawan versus China's Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun were also fantastic. The Chinese pair finally beat the Indonesian in more than 1 hour also.

It has been a tiring yet fun day for me. I almost lost my voice because I shout, shout, and shout for about 5 hours without drinking. Quite crazy I know, but that's the way it is and I had a great time.

And not forgetting the fact that I managed to take photo of myself with Greysia Polii, who, with Vita Marissa are the best Indonesian female double, and Tony Gunawan, also Indonesian, one of the best male double in the world.


What a day...

The king, Boonsak Ponsana of Thailand










The queen, Zhang Ning of China












What happened Taufik?? We miss your gold..









Local favorite, Ronald Susilo. Well done!










So sweet!! :D

However, Aviva Singapore Open 2007 is not so sweet for the sweetest couple in badminton, Lin Dan and Xie Xingfang.

No comments: