Thursday, May 03, 2007

How true is my blog?

Some people have been continuously asking me about this... Is my blog that true? Or do I add a lot of lies there to make it more interesting?

Let me come back to that question later. I will tell you a story first.

When I was in primary 4, my class had an impromptu quiz. Noone came there prepared, including me. The teacher gave us 30 minutes to prepare for that quiz and she left us alone in our class. Almost all of my classmates knew what to do, they wrote a very nice cheat-sheet. Sadly to be said, I did the same thing. That's the first cheat-sheet I ve ever make in my life, and the last (of course, beside the cheat-sheets I make in my last exam, because we are allowed to bring that to our exam hall.)

However, when the quiz started, I was so afraid to open the cheat-sheet. I was sweating as if I just run a marathon, and I was dead meat, staring at the question. However, because I was smart, I can do the question and get 7 out of 10 marks, without cheating. That's higher than the average score, that's about 6 out of 10 (as a result of cheating, who the hell can answer that quiz with only 30 minutes of study...).

My cheat-sheet was still in my pocket until I went back home. I don't know what happened, but in the evening, my mother called me. She found that cheat-sheet in my pocket! She was very angry to me. She cried for two hours waiting for my explanation. Now, when I reflect it back, I don't know why I didn't just tell the truth, that I never used that cheat-sheet (which is true). But that's not the point. She was really disapointed to me.

My mother, who is the most important individual in my life, taught me many things since we are very young. She taught me the importance of honesty, integrity, hard-work, respect to people, and to be friendly with everyone that we met. They are values that I always believe in until I die. One of her sayings is.. "Benny, it's better for you to get zero for your quiz than get full mark as a result of cheating. Never do that in your study and in your life."

Btw, that's the first and the last time I tried to cheat in my quiz and exam. Maybe my mom has forgotten that incident, but I will always remember that for my life.



OK, now, let me answer that question. Is my blog really true?

Sorry to sound like a Saint. Sorry to sound like a politician.
Yes! Every sentence in my blog is true.

It's not the purpose of this blog to make me popular. I don't intend to be a very popular blogger like Wendy with her xiaxue.blogspot.com or Kenny Sia with his kennysia.com

I know that my humble blog won't make it to the "most popular list" or "most read list" or whatever... I am not interested.

However, rest assured, this blog is the most honest blog around, because you know who the author is... ME!

Thank you so much and keep reading.

2 comments:

Theresia said...

This world is full of lies, thanks for always being true to others and yourself. Hope that you won't change which I believe that you won't.

Ben said...

thanks Theresia. Rest assured i wont.