Sunday, August 26, 2007

Thank God, CSA Musical is over.. and it's a big success

My first musical in my life is over.. I enjoyed every second of my acting. As I mentioned before, I never think that I am gifted in acting. For about 10 minutes of performance, I need to practise really hard. I mean, REALLY hard. My acting was considered "acceptable" just two days before the musical. I was the first person who speak in the musical, that's why, my acting director gave me additional practice time. The first scene is always very crucial part for any show, be it musical, drama, or anything.

Btw, in the musical, I played as a beggar who always complains about life, envy the rich people. This world is full of complainers. Not only the underprivileged who complains, quite often, people who are considered really fortunate (by the world's standard) complain a lot also. They never feel enough, and want more and more.

I am not naive. I very often trying to get more and more things. More money, more respect, more everything. But, don't you ever experience, when you try very hard to achieve something, and you finally get it, you will feel just as empty as before, when you have nothing? I do. I mean, after a few minutes of that euphoria state ends..

Quoting the opening song,
Look around don't you see
The best things in life are all free
Love in your heart and a friends hand to hold

Look around don't you see
The best things in life are all free
All you really need is to be happy

I am not trying to be philosophical, but I think that's true. Imagine that you have only 1 day to live, what really matters is whether you are happy in your life, and everything else is secondary.

This musical teaches me really a lot of things. If the beggars can be happy, there is no reason for us to be miserable. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

potooooooooooo~~~~

Rose's Collection said...

Benny!!!
Gw baru pass by your blog!
Wah...jd terharu baca2 post2 u trutama yg ttg musical..hehe
Thanks a lot ya pertama2 pas meng-iya-kan ajakan kami utk jadi cast..Trus thanks juga buat komitmennya slama proses dan latihan2...thanks thanks thanks...gak ada musicalnya kalo ga ada elo jd si...sapa ya...gw sll ketuker2 antara shizz dan schlizz...ahhaha..ya antara 2 itu lag..
Sekali lagi thankss a lot!
Dan gw ckp seneng kalo musicalnya jg bermanfaat buat u :)
God bless !!!