Saturday, October 20, 2007

Can you live in Singapore with $1.10 a day?

Let me give you the answer: Yes, you can.
I had $1.30 in my wallet this morning, and now I still have 20 cents with me.

I woke up at 12 noon. Usually I have some breakfast in the canteen, but a breakfast set costs $1.50. Poor me.

I had Milo for my breakfast, and then rushing to National Library to borrow books. When I just about stepped my foot to 199 bus (to go back to NTU), I realized.. “Sh*t, I forget to withdraw money again!”... So here I am with $1.30.

$1.30 is enough to buy waffle (Red bean only, because the chocolate waffle, my favourite, costs $1.50.). And here I am with red-bean waffle for lunch, 20 cents in my wallet, and rushing for my class.

And then I remembered that today there’s a recruitment talk by a bank in my school. So, I don’t need to withdraw money at all. Hurray! I eat a very nice dinner for free!

Conclusion : You can live in Singapore with $1.10 a day!

Further research : Can you live in Singapore with 20 cents a day?


I think I read too much journals for my Final Year Project already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! But actually the only thing expensive in Singapore is housing and transport.

I guess you didn't need both?

Details: said...

Then again, if it is just for a day then it is possible. But if for many other ONE day, it is going to be very very difficult.

Ben said...

Precious and paddy tan..
haha.. that's only a joke lah.. don't take it too seriously..

But can't agree more. Singapore isn't very expensive except housing and transport ;)