Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Service Extraordinaire @ NLB Tampines

Congratulation if u decided to read this post, it's a very rare post I guarantee. Why? Because people complain when they experience bad customer service, and keep quiet when the service is good (they thought they DESERVE good service.)

However, today’s experience truly opened my eyes wide, what a good service is.
That service extraordinaire doesn’t happen at expensive restaurant or first-class airport. It happened at National Library (Tampines branch)

I was looking for a book title. It’s written in the computer system to be available for loan, but I couldn’t find that title in the book shelf. I asked the librarian about it.

Of course I need the book (otherwise, why should I go to Tampines library while I live in Boon Lay.), but I can understand, there are tens of thousands books there, and It’s just very possible for a book to be missing or someone was reading it without borrowing it officially.

The librarian auntie has an angelic smile, and she told me, she will help me to find the book... She tried to go to the bookshelf but she also couldn’t find it.

At that point of time, a good explanation about the book would suffice.

BUT!!! You guess what!

She called her staffs to help to find the book everywhere... from the bookshelves around (in case people are lazy to put it back to the right location after reading), to the library tables, to the book inventory room. In short, she asked to find the book EVERYWHERE in the library. She asked me to come back in 10 minutes time.

I was like... WOW. This librarian is nowhere near mediocrity. She deserves Nobel Prize for outstanding service (have?)

At the end, she couldn’t find that book, and that’s perfectly alright. I thanked her and told her “This is the best customer service I have ever experienced, NLB is very lucky to have an employee like you.”

And I really, really mean it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will attest to this. NLB@Tampines really does have very helpful librarians.. I have had a similar experience before..