Monday, December 10, 2007

Guide to 15 Best Foods in NTU

15. Porridge at canteen 1
Price range: $2 - $2.5 if you add egg.
It’s nice even when I was sick. If you feel that the porridge is a bit bland, you might want to add pepper or chilli (not the bottled chilli)

14. Waffle at Canteen 2 or 13
Caution: Eat while it’s hot!
Price range: $1.10 - $1.50. My favourite: chocolate and peanut flavour. The strawberry is too sweet I think. If you like ice-cream as the topping, you can get that with $1.90.

13. Any Japanese Food at Canteen A
You won’t believe that Japanese food can be this cheap. Priced at $3 to $4, this highly popular food at canteen A is always crowded during lunchtime. If you think waiting 12 to 15 minutes for a food is stupid, I won’t recommend you to visit the stall during lunchtime. Visit it at 2.30 to 5 pm instead.
My favourite: Chicken teriyaki at $3

12. Banana Prata at Canteen 2
I am not a great lover of Prata, but I feel the banana prate is very sweet and nice. Priced at $1.60, if you are a big eater, three of Pratas won’t make you full. Have it as a snack instead.

11. Chicken Ramen at Café by the Quad
Priced at $3.5, it’s one of the most value-for-money in Café by the Quad. They give chicken and mushroom quite generously. The sauce is not bad, and the cassava is quite nice I think.

10. Tiramisu cake at Café by the Quad
“Cake” is definitely not for dieters. However, if you don’t diet, try this cake, a wise way to spend three dollars to pamper yourself. Caution: do drink some water after that.

9. Lemon Chicken Rice at canteen 3/16
Arguably the best chicken rice at NTU, it is definitely nice for chilli lover like me. However, I like the food not only because of the chilli, the rice and the chicken is also nice. With $2, you can have a plate of chicken rice, and do add 50 cents to enjoy the tofu. I can’t emphasize enough, try the chilli. A LOT OF IT if you can eat spicy food.

8. Any Korean food at canteen 13.
I like Korean food not just because I look like Kim Jeong-Hoon. Btw, the price is $3.3 to $4.

7. Yong Tofu at NIE
It’s the best Yong Tofu I have ever eaten, really. With $2.3, you can have a decent Yong Taufu.

6. Chicken Sandwich at Café Al-Fresco
Arguably one of the most expensive places to eat in NTU, it serves chicken sandwich at promotional price, $3.5. If you can take a bit of caffeine, do try the Vietnamese coffee at $1.1. It tastes really sedap.

5. Grilled salmon steak at Café Al-Fresco
Priced at $5.5. Same as number 6, do try the Vietnamese coffee.

4. Seafood Baked Rice at Café by the Quad
Priced at $4.80, it’s not the cheapest option available, but I think it’s worth it. I like to add some chilli to make the taste stronger.

3. Chicken Chop at NIE canteen
A lot of people would say this is the best food in NTU, but in my list, it’s “only” the second runner-up. Priced at $3.80, you can have a rather complete set of western food.

2. Sambal Chicken at Canteen 4
Nicer than sambal chicken at Jurong Point, it’s priced at $3, compared to $5 at Jurong Point. Caution: If you can’t take spicy food, I guess you are smart enough not to eat this food.

And the winner is……

1. Beef ball at Canteen 2
It’s one of the best meatballs I have ever eaten in Singapore, really. The chilli is so nice. Priced at $2.5 and you can add 50 cents to add the fried egg which I must say, superb. The tofu is also nice. You can never go wrong buy anything from this stall!



HOW TO GET THERE?
1. Go to Boon Lay MRT station
2. Take 199 or 179
3. You can refer to this map. You can E-mail me also if you happen to visit NTU. I would be more than happy to show you the place :)

No comments: