Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Advertorial : I give bahasa Indonesia tuition!

If you like to talk (but not talking non-sense), and you can explain difficult theorem or concept so that your grandma can understand, maybe you should consider teaching.

Everytime I give tuition, I always get the same look from the students and/or their parents. Boy, you are too young to be a teacher. How old are you? 17?

I am almost 22, and I will graduate this year from university. I don't think age got something to do with my teaching quality. I might be young, but I am matured, and I can handle the same situation as the teacher who is twice my age. They will know those statements are true after I say my first few sentences.

Although It was not my first time teaching, I had an emotional feeling in the last lesson with my student. I taught him bahasa Indonesia and he is going to fly to Australia tomorrow. OK before you start asking me what bahasa Indonesia got to do with Australia... Because he has got some basic in Malay and in his future school, there's no Malay, so he intends to take bahasa Indonesia which is similar with Malay.

Although the language school gave me textbooks to teach, I basically researched my own teaching material, made it really customized with my student's needs and interest. I think to be a good teacher, you need to be a good listener. You need to listen to your student's concerns, needs, and interest. More often than not, I prepared some materials beforehand and changed the material completely to suit his condition. In the future, he can contact me through E-mail to consult about any academic problem in the future, free of charge.

I offer Indonesian lesson to anyone. I don't care what is your current level, I taught student from zero before. Whether your purpose to learn that language is to work in Indonesia, to speak to Indonesian clients, or just for fun, I can customize my teaching material for you. The fee won't cost you arm and leg, and if you want to save money further, try to form a group of 2 or 3. You can leave a message through E-mail and leave your contact number there.

I would be surprised if he doesn't score 75% or above in his bahasa Indonesia test in the future.

No comments: