Saturday, January 26, 2008

I was the Emcee today... Mr. Teo was our GOH and Channel News Asia came!!! OMGosh!!!

I don't usually get very nervous when doing public speaking.. BUT. Today, I have to be the MC for NTU International Games, and Mr. Teo Ser Luck was our Guest of Honour! (Btw, if you are not Singaporean, or you had not read newspaper since 1995, he is parliamentary secretary of MCYS). AND.. At least I spotted four media people including Channel News Asia and Channel U.

NTU Students' Union Pres, Mr. Teo Ser Luck, IG Chairperson

Yup, the media person interviewed a participant who is an exchange student I think



I was FAINTING on the stage!!!!!! CAN OR NOT!!!

Luckily I did the emcee job with a girl, who is a professional MC and having her beside me can reduce my heartbeat a bit, because I knew we wouldn't run out of words to say. That's the advantage of having a professional as our partner.


Everything went well (well, I don't say it's fantastic, but I suppose, for someone who is not a professional, that's considered a decent achievement.)




We, the emcees



After the opening ceremony... I was SO relieved! And proud of course.


NTU is so sweet. We print a big banner to support Singapore's 2010 Youth Olympic Games Bid. When we, the MCs asked people to write down their best wishes for Singapore.. you know what.. more than 50% wrote "Best Wishes!!!" My Dear, we ask you to write YOUR best wishes, not exactly that phrase. But please understand, we are cute engineers-to-be and we are very practical.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the honourable Mr Teo again.

Ben said...

haha i know he is like EVERYWHERE.

But please lah.. when someone of that rank sit just 1 m away and listen to you, your heart doesnt beat faster meh? haha..

Anonymous said...

Yo, I m ruiyang, remember me? Saw ur blog when goggling

Ben said...

Hi Ruiyang.. yes, of course i remember you!!

Anyway, good luck for the event! :)