Saturday, May 17, 2008

Uber Cup Updates: Standing Ovation for Indonesia!

As I said before this match, it's going to be David versus Goliath... With China's singles are ranked world number 1, 2, and 4 (and the 3rd rank is also a Chinese but she doesn't participate in this tournament), and doubles rank 1, 2, and 3... we need a miracle, a big one, to beat this giant.

I didn't watch the first match because I went to church tonight. I heard from my friend that Xie Xingfang, world number 1 from China crushed Maria Kristin from Indonesia quite comfortably. No surprise at all.

I watched Indonesia's best doubles, Lilyana Natsir / Vita Marissa battled against world number 1 Yang Wei / Zhang Jiewen. Natsir / Marissa finally lost, but after an extraordinary battle. Even the commentator mentioned that was the greatest women's doubles match he has ever seen. My friends and I were absolutely mesmerized with every movement made by our doubles.

This is the best video I can find in the entire youtube, but I must tell you... the real playing is definitely much better than this.



If they play like this in every tournament they participate, I would be really surprised if they can't make it into world's top 5 women doubles.

Yup, you might notice that Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, Indonesian president was there.

Well done Indonesia's Uber Cup team... You have done us proud!!!!

No comments: