Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Typical NTU-Mechanical Engineering Graduates! :)

1. Typical Engineer

This type of students has very clear direction in life. They want to date a computer, marry a machine, and die while holding screwdriver.

Dream companies: Shell, Exxon Mobil, Microsoft, IBM, Standard Chartered Chartered Semiconductor, and other companies which end with “tech”.

2. Typical Scholar & Researcher

They are future professors and researchers. Although they have super-quality brain, sometimes it’s not balanced with good communication skill, which makes them future professors that students love to hate.

Dream companies: A*Star, A*Star… Eh have I mentioned A*Star?

3. Typical Businessman

This type of students is not necessarily bad in their studies; they just find other things more interesting (and promising). People won’t guess they are from Engineering unless they tell them; and it’s usually followed with change in facial expression, “SO WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING WITH MECHANICAL ENGINEERING?”

Dream companies: DBS and the other two local banks, Credit Suisse, and probably Boston Consulting Group for the smartest.

4. Confused

Need I say more, they are confused what they are going to do. They are usually reasonably good in too many things. Jack of all trades and master of none, that’s what people say.

Dream companies: it doesn’t matter. As long as the job title is “Management Trainee”.

My fellow graduates and graduates-to-be, no matter what job you are going to take in the future, I wish you all the good luck in the world!

3 comments:

Sien said...

So are you in group 3? Hahaha...yeah take your time to consider the one offer that suits you most...

Just ask this one question, "Is it a good stepping stone for the next move that you have planned in mind?" If it is, just go ahead dude!!

All the best and good luck in your decision-making process!!

-Sien2-

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of guy who enjoys to try unprecedented things. Right now I'm fabricating my hold pv panels. I'm making it all by myself without the aid of my men. I'm utilizing the net as the only way to acheive this. I stumbled upon a really awesome website that explains how to contruct photovoltaic panels and so on. The internet site explains all the steps needed for solar panel construction.

I'm not really sure about how correct the info given there iz. If some guys over here who had xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it will be grand and I would really appreciate it, cause I truly take an interest in [URL=http://solar-panel-construction.com/useful-articles]solar panel construction[/URL].

Tnx for reading this. You people are great.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous make. The prices for the sneakers were around 320 pounds on every page. But definitively I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you tell me about these?