Monday, July 21, 2008

First day working...

6.45: I woke up. Yeah I know it's a bit too early, but it's not nice to be late in the first day of work.

7.30: Had my breakfast near Bukit Batok MRT. They serve nice coffee, but their toast is damn oily, and it's just not nice to start the day with such an unhealthy food. Starting from tomorrow, I will be eating apples instead for breakfast.

7.50: Waiting for MRT.. The first train came, but I couldn't enter because they were too many people. The second train came. A lady in front of me at first didn't want to enter the train, too crowded maybe? Hello! Miss, if you want to enter empty train, maybe you will need to wait until lunchtime. I entered the train nevertheless.

8.35: Arrived at my workplace, I was the second person coming to office.

8.55: Surprise, the guy who was interviewed together with me is also offered the job. There were about 300 people applied for this post from NTU alone, and only 5 of us being offered the job (that's 1 out of every 60 applicants, mind you!)

In the first stage of interview process, we were interviewed two by two, means, two interviewees were interviewed by one interviewer in the same time, that makes 150 pairs.

To find out that 2 out of 5 successful applicants were interviewed together, that is quite a nice surprise. So, they only choose 3 people from the remaining 298 applicants. And I know I shouldn't continue the math further :D

9 - 11.50am: Morning session of the training. I had a lot of fun there, being together with some of the future superstars of UOB.

1150am - 1240pm: lunch. We had Burger King. It's great to know each other better. One of my colleagues made a very interesting comment, saying that footballer Cristiano Ronaldo made 120,000 pounds everyweek, which is much more than 10 of us combined together for a year. I know it's pretty pathetic, but well, I am not going after that kind of salary forever.

1240 - 5 pm: Afternoon session of the training. We had some games. It's quite sad that in all the games, our group came second... and we ended up with nothing while the winner got prizes.

When I reflected further, that's true in life as well, winners take all.
Since young, I only want 1 thing: To be number one in everything I do. And this job is no exception.


It's quite a nice start. Tomorrow, we will be starting the actual training, and I am really looking forward to that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll have a nice working life =)

I wonder if I'll have the chance of stepping into a bank to work when i grad nxt yr or not :D

Balqiz said...

Just when you thought, "Man, life as a working man sure rawks!" next thing you know... mundane, daily repetitive schedule kicks in and you'd be like, "How soon will weekend comes?"

But hey, dont let my comment dampen your spirit. Welcome to the life of working adulthood!

Anonymous said...

hello i am going to work at uob too... HAHA

Anonymous said...

hi im going to start working at UOB too..HAHA