Thursday, July 10, 2008

Smart but Ugly or Pretty but Dumb?

My Chinese teacher asked the guys in my class... Do you prefer a girl that's smart but ugly or stupid but pretty?

Don't say pretty and smart (and rich and forgiving), because I answered that but my teacher disapproved.


Being a typical student trained in World-class university, I formulated something like this:

Smart but Ugly

Advantages:
- I will have great conversations with her
- I will have smart kids
- I don't need to hire tutors for my kids
- None of my friends will try to snap my wife away, because... because... noone is interested.
- She can contribute to the family income

Disadvantages:
- My chance to get good looking kids decrease because only the father brings the good-looking gene
- I will need to buy her lots of cosmetics just to make her presentable.
- I will have hard time to explain to everyone.. she's my wife, not my maid.


Pretty but Dumb

Advantages:
- I will get to see beautiful creature for free, everyday.
- My kids will definitely be good-looking because both mother and father bring good-looking gene
- I will spend less money on cosmetics

Disadvantages:
- I will have a hard time because my friends visit my house often just to see my wife
- If that dumb gene goes into my kids, I will need to hire tutors for them
- I can't have inclined conversations with her..


Not so easy afterall huh?

However, today I got an inspiration from Newspaper...

And finally, I decided, I will take a smart but ugly wife.

Why?
Smart girls will command higher salary, and with higher salary, she can....










AFFORD TO GET A PLASTIC SURGERY.



It's getting more affordable nowadays, almost negligible risk, and she can choose whether she wants to look like Paris Hilton or Jessica Alba, Fiona Xie or Michelle Chong or Jade Seah.

And the best part is, she can still keep the smart brain of hers.


SO.... Smart and Pretty woman at the end. Lucky somemore, because she has a smart husband who can think of the best solution possible. Ehem.




Nevertheless, I will still go for a girl with heart made of gold... because the price of gold is increasing these days... beauty can fade, intelligence will fade, but a good heart remains :)

6 comments:

MLMaestro said...

I will take a girl with a heart of gold anytime...so difficult to land one these days.

Ben said...

Hi mlmaestro..

I agree with you! haha..

Anonymous said...

IF i really had to choose.

I'll choose pretty but dumb.
I chose the other one once, and i wasn't pleased with the outcome so yea.

At least can see beautiful creature everyday. Haha.

(Talking about gf or wife ar?)

Yunita Fenjery said...

Hi Benny, very interesting post. But you got few points that totally wrong there.
1. Ugly girl spend lot more on cosmetics and pretty girl less? That's a very big mistake. Pretty girl always spend much much more on cosmetics. Ask any girl you know and they'll agree.
2. If the girl really a smart ass, she won't agree to do plastic surgery. Plastic surgery is for shallow girls.
Haha.... cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

u forget that pretty people have all the advantages on life. A person with less credentials will get picked because they are more appealing to the eye. Research had shown this to be true.

Anonymous said...

I have been asked this before, and more often than not I shrug it/the person off. It's simply one of those topics. I will say two things based on personal experiences: beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and sometimes dumb and dumber go together like two peas in a pod. I have encountered plenty of combinations of physical and mental appeal, of both sexes. I guess that's what dating is really about if you aren't looking for that special someone you want to spend the rest of your life with (experimentation, fun). In the end however, heart of gold is what most people look for. Is the person going to provide you with security, love, humor, passion, and be able to raise children? Love is a mystery, and that's evident in the couples you happen to glance at in shoppes, or even in your own family. For now, I'm young and my mentality is basically "fuck it", sometimes literally.