Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Ben & Co. Thou Shall Dream!

I know that one day, I want to start my own business, be it part-time or full-time. Not really for the money (although that's also nice), but mainly for the personal satisfaction and sense of accomplishment.

OKAY, let's brainstorm.

If you see my friendster, these are my hobbies:


Movies, Creative Writing, Playing Badminton and Tennis, Human Psychology, Running, Reading, Logic, Writing Blog, Eating buffet, Fashion, Siti Nurhaliza (before married), Relaxing, Korean Food, Thai Food, Indonesian Food, Ice Cream, Doing nothing, Juventus, books, Healthy Food, smart girls, People who always say "OMGosh, u are so thin!", Home Design, Workout @ Gym, Maria Sharapova, Hanging Out, Angelina Jolie, Being praised in front of many people, Chocolate, Strawberry, Papaya, Learning something new, Sleeping, More Sleeping, Old Songs, Singing, Vegetarian and something related to vegetable, Window-Shopping, Learning Chinese, My professor who looks like Fann Wong, Surfing Internet, Travelling, Peanut butter, Listening to good music, Reading people's Blogs, God, The Bible, Going to church every Saturday night and going shopping after that.


WELL, I know, that's A LOT.

That shows that I have a wide range of interests, or lack of focus depending on how you see it. But let's summarize it into some big categories and see how it can be transformed into business ideas.

1. Eating
Setting up a cafe like Rochester Park or Pacific Coffee at vivocity?
OMYGOD, I have been to Rochester Park only once in my life and I want to spend my life there, for real. It's soooooooo beautiful with all the gardens and excellent drinks and foods. Well, who cares about drinks and foods, I go to a cafe mainly for the ambiance and companionship.

I want to have my own cafe and name it Ben & Co. (I hope Ben & Jerry will be bankrupt by then, so my name is unique. Screw you B & J!!!)

2. Sports
Btw, do you know why I love sports? Because I like winning.
So, I want to set up a sports academy that teaches people not only the technical aspect of the sports, but mainly, the philosophy behind it. Teamwork, determination, mental strength, focus. You name it. Everything you need to know to succeed in life, you can learn it from sports.

Some of the best managers in the world are from sports. Six Alex, Jose Mourinho, you name it. We can definitely learn one thing or two from sports.

3. Fashion
I admit that I am no expert on this. My fashion sense is still way behind many bankers, although it's much better than engineers'. haha...

My fashion sense is simple, sophisticated, and manly. NOPE, you won't see me carrying those girly bags who are claimed to be unisex. Soooo gay, yucks.

The day when I see people wearing my fashion label would be the one of the happiest days in my life.

Like The Apprentice 4 UK, I want men who wear my fashion label to wear like a man, walk like a man, and look like a man. Enough said.


I know I am not the most creative person in the world, and starting something new isn't really my strength. But I am well-known to be very good in negotiating and leading... and I believe no matter how good the idea is, it needs a good marketer and a good leader (brand evangelist - so to say).

Who wants to be my future business partner? Drop me an E-mail and we shall discuss.. ;)



Footnote:
I still LOOOVVEEE my job as a banker, and I wake up everyday, can't wait to start working. But I know there's nothing wrong with having another plan in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, please include me as your business partner or even as your muse when you decide to have a fashion house or something like that. Looking forward to hang out again. xoxo

Ben said...

noted... shall hang out more often with ya and all.

YUP, i want to set-up my own fashion house!!

haha