Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Batam-Bintan Trip. Sun, Sands, and oh-SOOO-Sweet.

Every great story must end,
And every great ending has a beginning,
So let's begin...

Leaving Singapore


FRIDAY NIGHT - REACHING BATAM

We took ferry from HarbourBay to Batam, and it needs only 40 minutes. Batam is great, it's a simple yet tidy city, and the feeling to go back to my home country can make me feel so mellow.


Near our hotel's swimming pool - yeah, it's at night, so you can't see the pool. Haha..

Life is about saving cost sharing

SATURDAY - BATAM

In the morning, we swam (for me, it's not really competitive swimming). I like swimming, but not so much for its health benefit. I feel peace while inside the water, relaxing. Enjoying great weather and playing just like a carefree child. Once in a while, I simply enjoy that feeling.

We took some great photos there, from the most elegant to the most disgusting ones (will post them tomorrow). But I am not going to show the disgusting ones here, to protect myself from all my gay fans out there. Haha.

Posing before swimming...

.... and after swimming. If you think this is disgusting enough, well... you may not be right. Haha...


In the afternoon, we went to Pulau Galang to see some historical places. I have never been very good nor interested in history, but I did enjoy the visit. I did some self-reflection there. I compared the faces of people there and here in Singapore (or other big cities). People there are much happier. They have neither a lot of money nor cool job, yet they look very peaceful and happy. Something in life simply can't be bought by money.



Pulau Galang

The Gapura


It's not Noah's ship. They say it's the ship used by the Vietnamese to escape blablabla. I am not very good at memorizing history fact.

At the beach

At night, my friends and I had spa. Don't think too much guys, it was just spa, and not anything else. I know a lot of people come to Batam to have spa with that extra mile, but not me okay...


SUNDAY - FROM BATAM TO BINTAN


Bintan is world-renowned resort, and given ample time, it will stand in par with Bali (Bali must work hard to stay ahead, I must say)

BEACH GUYS (AND GIRLS) In ACTION!!


In front of our villa. You won't believe that this place was nothing but forests just a few years ago, kudos to the management.



Inside the buggy. It's not a honeymoon photo btw...


BEACH!!! Yes, Bintan is all about great beaches (and babes of course =)). With its white sands, perfect wind, clean water and great food.



Freestyle


It's supposed to be choreographed one, but... haha...



MONDAY - BACK TO SINGAPORE


I planned to get some suntanning in the morning, but too bad the weather didn't allow me to do so. It was raining, so sad. Nevertheless, Bintan trip is just amazing.




TRIBUTE TO MY TWO FRIENDS - RONALD AND EMING





Guys, it has been great to know you two. For Ronald, probably my closest friend here in Singapore, it is so sad if I look back - and realizing that you have done so much for us - from helping us to find the SBS Bus number, to buy the movie tickets, to plan the whole Batam-Bintan trip, just to mention a few.


Two of you must come back here SOON okay. This is an order. Hehe...

I believe, some things in life are simply eternal, including our friendship. We will miss you...


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

why the sun never showed up there? We didn't get tanned. Hiks...

Ben said...

Yes.. too bad...
Why not do sunbathing here in SG? Hehe...

Anonymous said...

huh, banyak gaya... boong aja... kaya bakal pada bangun aja pagi2.. hahahah

Ben said...

Daku sudah bangun dari jam 7 ye. Si mbak aja yang tidurnya molor :p

Anonymous said...

yakin tuh FRIDAY NIGHT-BATAM???
bukannya SATURDAY MORNING-BATAM? coba di cek lagi... hahahahaha

Ben said...

Oh iya Yul, hahahahah...