Saturday, January 24, 2009

In the process to find my own Hillary Clinton

It really bothers me when someone asked me about this girl or that girl... It's not that I am too choosy when it comes to dating. But seriously speaking, I am no longer a 15 or 16 year-old teenager whom you can spot at Bugis Junction buying funky clothes, or at Cineleisure watching movies. I am a grown soon-to-be 23 year old. Working full-time, with mountain-high ambition to be a millionaire before 30. Yup that's me.

I have learned the hard way how a bad choice of girlfriend can potentially be dangerous for my wallet, health and soul... and decided that picking a girlfriend is a serious matter, which requires deep thoughts and some self-reflection - and ah yes, professional advice.

And mind you, a girlfriend is not just someone who can accompany you for dinner, movies, and such. She must share what you believe in, and must be able to support you (and you support her), believe that you can achieve whatever you want... and work with you to get what you want (and you help her to get what she wants).

Behind every successful man, there is a supportive woman. When Bill Clinton did some affairs with Monica Lewinsky, he better thanked God that he has a wife like Hillary. She knew Bill was wrong, but she accepted it with a big heart. That saved Bill's reputation and until now, Bill is still one of the most respected US presidents ever despite his mistake. Hillary also has a very successful career in politics, became senator and almost made it to US' number one. Now she is the Secretary of State. I can't imagine if Hillary couldn't forgive Bill.... cried, asked for divorce... ah, loser!



And before I find my own Hillary Clinton, I guess being single is ultimately the best choice. How if I can't find my Hillary? No worries, I don't mind settling with my own Michelle Obama. Oh, can she dance! =)

No comments: