Monday, February 09, 2009

Kids These Days...

First Kid

When I read my Mandarin book on the way back home, trying to memorize some chinese characters from a book titled "Fun With Chinese Characters", a small boy aged around 10 or 11 started to read from my book as well. And it seems that he could memorize those chinese characters faster than me.

If there were only two of us, I would find that boy cute. However, because the boy looked so excited looking at my book and there were so many people there, EVERYONE then started to look at my book as if there's a lucky number to win lottery or such. Oh, totally paiseh.

Second Kid

When I walked from Bukit Batok MRT to my home, I met a kid near the vending machine. OK, nothing strange... until I saw what he bought. He bought a RED BULL!!! Oh My Gosh, he is just 10 years old at most, and he already consumed something that I started drinking only when I was 18. I couldn't remember when was the first time I consumed coffee to help me stay awake, I think I was at least 15 or 16.

Oh, kids these days are totally different from when I was a kid. *sorry to sound so old =P*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the second kid, it's not healthy to consume those drinks at young age. Even adults are not suppose to over consume it.

Ben said...

@HyperX
Yes, I think we shd consume it only if we really need it, not everyday...