Sunday, February 08, 2009

My Second Loss

First of all, for some friends who expressed their concerns toward me after I blogged about my disappointment yesterday, thanks so much, really appreciate that (this is not sarcasm, zhen de zhen de :)). People say, the true test for friendship is when one or all the parties are in their life's lowest point. Thanks for showing your true colours :)
Just a minor concern: When you promise that you will be coming for something, you better make sure you come, or give a valid reason. It's a small thing, but that decides whether you are trustworthy or not.

Well, I lost again for the second time out of two matches I did, that makes me in the tie-worst position in my team with 0-2 record, despite our team advanced to the semifinal and will be facing a mountain-high task against Malaysia. But this is sport and anything can happen in the court, so keep our fingers crossed ;)

I am not a politician, but I think for someone who can negotiate anything and persuade anyone to do whatever I want, I will just provide some explanations for my loss.

1. My eyesight is getting worse everyday. I think I am not ready to wear specs when playing bcoz my specs is not designed for sports. However, playing without a specs is indeed a disadvantage for me. I can't even look at the back of the opponent's court!

2. I was against the best player in the other team. If a club like Manchester City can have Robinho, I think there is no reason for any team not to have a star player, and sadly, that player was playing against me. My opponent also won against a star player from China, so well...

3. I was nervous. I think this is totally sad. Everytime I play badminton for fun, I play well.. but sadly, everytime I play in a competition, I play way below my standard.

4. 11-point rally really tortured me. I always feel that 21-point system is way better. I usually play not so well in the beginning of the set and improve as the game progresses when the opponent starts to get tired. However, 11-point system puts players like me into a disadvantage position (Taufik Hidayat also felt the same way, so this is a global concern). When I make 3 or 4 mistakes, that's almost half the set. Unbelievable.


However, despite all the explanations, I didn't escape from my responsibility although I played better today compared to yesterday. If yesterday I was at 50% of my maximum ability, today I rate myself at 75%. Hopefully next week if I play again, I can be at my 100%. Even if I lose (and that makes my record 0-3), I can be satisfied that I have given my best. Maybe my best is not good enough, but who bloody cares??

2 comments:

Chataureza said...

chin up, ben, there will be better days! :D

Ben said...

haha yes.. there will be.. :D