Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let Go... and Let God. How Prayer Changed My Life.

I read a book a few years ago. It said... there are two ways to approach prayer: to use it as your last resource, or use it as your first.

When people face problems, they usually try everything. They ask their friends, they google their problems, they hire consultants. And when everything else fails, they try prayer.

I used to be that kind of person. I stressed myself out, I drank a few bottle of beers, I cursed some people. Result? I made that problem bigger.

I think the better approach would be... to make prayer our first resource. "Be still and know that I am GOD" (Psalm 46:10). The Bible doesn't instruct us to keep worrying, to do all kinds of stuffs to make other people pity us.



Prayer is like sending our problem away by Fedex. We trust Fedex to deliver our package, and that's all. We don't need to check every hour or every minute where our package is. What we know is... somehow the package is delivered. How? We don't know, but somehow, it's done.

When we trust God with our problems, He will tell us "OK, got it. Now the problem is mine, not yours." If we pray and still worry, God will doubt whether we trust Him. He will tell us "Excuse me son, you think I am not good enough to solve your problems?"

Don't tell God how big our problem is, tell our problem how big our God is.

"Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (Mark 11:24).


No comments: